Happy Halloween 2012! Here is the video of our costumes!
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Manhattan after Con Ed explosion
Statue of Liberty on the horizon
Downtown Manhattan blackout
Half of the Brooklyn Bridge is lit up
Saturday, October 27, 2012
Check out our new video! Glow-in-the-dark mechanical alien hand with LEDs
Friday, October 26, 2012
Yes we carved pumpkins too! An owl and a robot!
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Sunday, October 21, 2012
L.E.Ds have been installed! Also did a test run on the glow in the dark makeup... you can see the scales pattern on the face.
Friday, October 19, 2012
Check out the Alien hand in action on our YouTube channel!
1. Take 2 custom 14inch plastic domes(can be ordered online, just Google plastic domes)
2. Use double stick tape pieces(can be bought at any office supplies store) make sure the tape pieces are 1-2 millimeters think.
3. Place the piece of tape at the edge of the dome. Apply the tape symmetrically to both sides.
4. Gently place the dome with tape on top of other dome, leaving about 1/5 inches between them. Do not stick the domes together, this is just a fitting.
5. Apply the tape all around the rest of the dome like so, then stick the domes together permanently.
6. Epoxy, we used 3M Scotch-Weld with mixing applicator
7. Seal the edges where the domes meet(where the tape is) to make the dome air-tight
8. Drill a small hole in the top dome and pour in water. The seal the hole with tape.
Should look like this, water shouldn't be leaking anywhere
Underwater Alien suit headpiece is finished!! More tutorial coming soon!
Thursday, October 18, 2012
Recording a video tutorial on how to make this underwater alien prop, check back tonight to see how its made!!
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Monday, October 15, 2012
This year we are making matching costumes. We will be aliens from an underwater planet that need specials suits filled with water to survive on dry land. This is the first piece of the costume.
Welcome to BrooklynAliens!
Hello! Taissia and Lenin here, just Halloween crazies! For the past 3 years we have been making elaborate DIY costumes such as Peacock, Whiplash (Ironman movie) Orchard Spider, and Steampunk Arcangel. After the amazing response to our DIYs we have decided to launch BrooklynAliens, a costume making site with a blog and YouTube channel to share with everyone how we make our costumes!